Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanks Give!


Happy Thanksgiving! We flew to Columbus, Ohio today to visit my parents, brother and family friends for a fine food coma.
In addition to the Lawsons, in attendence were: the Fays (new San Diego transplants aunt Nenette, uncle Jeff, cousins Jessica and Andrew, and Andrew's girlfriend Jen), the Monahans (family friends Dan, Rachel, Nichole and Kat), some new people we've never met, a guy named Marvin here on TDY for the Air Force (not sure what TDY means, temporary something) and family friends the Mauricios, Gina and Johnny. Fun times and lots of food!
It's also my brother Alex's 16th birthday tomorrow! Wine-besotted, I must've asked three times who was turning sixteen before the cake was set down in front of none other than my blushing brother. Aww.


After the delectable lemon cake, my dad and I gorged ourselves on the dessert table.


We also played a new game called Partini (lots of instructions to read) and sang extremely, extremely Filipino song choices in karaoke (Total Eclipse of the Heart, A Whole New World, Careless Whispers, etcetera), an extremely Filipino choice of celebration (albeit really fun), but I forgot to take pictures of that because did I mention I've been wine-besotted most of the evening? Now we're playing Fable II, which is so completely awesome I can't even describe it. Also played with Loki Loks!



So, happy Thanksgiving! We hope it was all you were wishing for, with plenty of warm and tasty traditional favorites (especially sides, yessss), relatively pleasant conversations and more than slightly riveting entertainment, safety, laughs and sleepiness. LOVE!










No comments:

Post a Comment