Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Time speeds up in the fall.

The surprise arrival of our four-year anniversary has stopped me in my tracks and reminded me to take a breath. It is, after all, my most favorite ever time of year-- time for brisk, hay-scented fall breezes and light corduroy jackets; the trees flaunting their parting love affair with summer and making me yearn to learn real photography; freshly-fallen leaves crunching underfoot, though I know I should rake them before they turn to crumbs and elude all attempts to get them into a yard bag. Time for meeting new friends in new favorite bars with new favorite drinks, or sitting with old ones to plan tradition-honored festivities; time for cool nights of open windows and soft breaths of wind on my face in bed. It's fall, has so fully been fall that I have been eating up every day and leaving no appetite for blogging.

We kept busy in October with our friends' annual Hayrack Ride, pumpkin carving, the zombie walk, and our own Halloween party. This past weekend boasted a house packed to the hilt with pretty well everyone we know, a bigger party than any we've ever had before. Just for this one time a year, we embraced the chaos and added to it with an overly ambitious menu (many thanks to the Magnusons for saving us...again!) and probably too many drinks than was wise. We actually floated the keg before midnight.

Just this once....til next year.


New ink



















Oktoberfest













The Omaha Fashion Show











Successful broiler pizzas













2nd annual Zombie Walk











Los Artes Día de los Muertos art show...
















and the house band, The Prairie Gators. The guy in the middle, Buffalo, is something of an Omaha urban myth.











The Duggars and Johnny Depp enjoy our Halloween party.

































A bar straight out of the Sopranos-- Josephine's.













Our wedding photographers' Halloween party

2 comments:

  1. Wow that about covers it! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reasons why I love you
    -you have tats. (I don't and am jealous)
    -you heart halloween (it's what I live for)

    congrats.

    ReplyDelete