Tuesday, April 21, 2009

April showers bring wedding presents :D

This past Saturday was Sara's bridal shower. We're in the wedding home-stretch with 38 days to go!

The shower was held in the bright and airy upper level of Sara and Dustin's home. It rained that morning, but cleared up nicely by early afternoon--a perfect spring day, really. I should have taken more pictures, but I kept getting blurry ones and they made me mad so I kind of gave up. I did take some pictures the day before though, of these hysterically cute cupcake pops Eric and I made for the shower:



To learn how to make these, visit Bakerella!

If I remember correctly, there were 15 women present at the shower. Sue, Kath and Beth put the whole thing together, and so nicely that Sara thought they should open a wedding shower business. The place was already perfectly set up and immaculate by the time I got there, thinking an hour-early arrival should give me time to help out with anything. It was all already done! There was the prettiest flower arrangement in the middle of the table in perfect spring colors. Kath had made these super cool chocolate-dipped strawberries that looked like little tuxedos. There were cupcakes from the place Sara's getting her wedding cupcake tower done, and the lunch provided was a scrumptious chicken salad and warm, yeasty rolls from Sgt. Peffer's. Here's a poorly lit picture, one of my few decent ones:

We of COURSE played some fun bridal shower games (Julie was crazy good at famous couples, I could hardly believe how many she got right). We ate that delicious Sgt. Peffer's chicken salad and bread until we could've burst, then relaxed as we watched Sara open generous piles of beautiful gifts. Look at this sweet thing!



I think it was a perfect shower and I hope Sara had a wonderful time! Next up....the Bachelorette next month! OH BOY, that'll be a fun post! :D

1 comment:

  1. Way cute! Thanks for posting! I might need to have some restrictions on the bachelorette party pics though! Ha Ha! Thanks again for the cupcake bites! I LOVED them!

    ReplyDelete