Monday, April 27, 2009

My OTHER favorite Golden Girl

I have spent the weekend in mourning for one of the wittiest and wonderful actresses I've ever had the pleasure of watching. The iconic Bea Arthur has died.




Every single night and most mornings at Creighton, Liz and I would watch The Golden Girls and laugh until our guts ached. And when I lived with Rah in our apartment after Creighton, we watched this every night too. Lifetime was reliable like that. I've seen every single episode and LOVED them. Every one. Seriously, I feel like I've lost one of my very best friends! I could always count on Dorothy and company to lull me to sleep with their brilliant and touching way with comedy. She was the funniest one. My favorite.

Thank you for being a friend, Bea. You will be missed and your genius will live on forever! Rest in peace.

1 comment:

  1. Greetins gini and eric. You two are the winners of the Khaya Cookie giveaway. Could you please send me your US shipping address as soon as possible to skinnygourmet AT gmail DOT com. The Khaya folks want to get the cookies shipped out asap!

    ReplyDelete