Monday, December 3, 2012

Radvent. I'm going to try this.

Radvent is a daily journaling challenge hosted by local entrepreneur and businesswoman extraordinaire, Princess Lasertron, every day of every December. She posts thoughtful writing prompts designed to help anyone who cares to visit and develop their own thoughts on the subject at hand. Megan is cool and I've loved reading her daily writings over the past couple years, so this year I'd like to try it too.

I love writing but am notoriously bad at making time for it. Case in point-- I missed Ethan's fourth month post, and there was even something special about November 10th I wanted to point out. I could do it now, but the impact is lost and that's sad. When I do write and come back and look at what I've read, months or years later, I'm always struck at the insight I had when truthfully, I don't feel like I'm very insightful on a day-to-day basis. Daily, I feel like I'm losing my edge, my sharpness, my ability to explore thoughts more deeply than surface-level. Further, I'm a good writer. Not only am I insightful, but my writing is generally fairly organized and pleasant, with flowery prose. I think I'm pretty decent. I MUST make time for writing. How else will I ever write a novel?!

So, today I'll have two posts. Tomorrow, another two. This one and December 1st, then two more tomorrow for the days of December I've missed. I mean, I eschewed pants every day of last month for No Pants November, SURELY I can jot a little thing down every day of December! The posts probably won't be very long. I just want to get back into the habit of writing regularly, so I'm not holding myself up to the highest of standards in length and quality.

Off we go!

1 comment:

  1. Goals are awesome. I don't get anything done without them either. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete